Welcome to Foundry Lane Community Playgroup. We operate as a charity, run by a voluntary committee, within the grounds of Foundry Lane Primary School.
We take children from the age of 2 years 9 months until they are ready to move to their preferred school as a rising 5 year old. Sessions run Monday to Friday, term time only, morning sessions are 8:30- 11:30 and afternoon sessions are 12:30 -15:30. Lunch runs from 11:30-12:30. Lunch is charged at our hourly rate of £4.60 per session.
Our aims as a playgroup are;
- provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age (2 years 9 months-4 years);
- provide a stimulating environment;
- foster independence, self esteem and natural curiosity;
- encourage good standards of behaviour, sympathy for others, self-respect and confidence;
- recognise all children as individuals with their own rights;
- build on linguistic and cultural experiences that each child brings to the
- playgroup; and
- encourage physical development and caring for their physical well-being.
- to foster mutually beneficial links with Foundry Lane Primary School.
We organise our sessions so that the children can choose from, and work at, a range of activities and, in doing so, build up their ability to select and work through a task to its completion. The children are also helped and encouraged to take part in adult-led small and large group activities which introduce them to new experiences and help them gain new skills, as well as helping them to learn to work with others.
During each session children are given the opportunity to take part in a variety of activities which include:
- painting and drawing
- sand and water play
- singing and music making
- outdoor play with bikes, scooters, balls and many more activities